Sunday, May 24, 2009

Science - Apologia Astronomy



I've mentioned before how much we enjoy Story of the World for history. 

Well have I mentioned how much we also enjoy Apologia's Astronomy? No I don't think I have yet. Well, we love it!  Mind you, we have nothing to compare it to but, oh my it's enjoyable.
 
Here is my son pouring melted butter over flour. The intention was to replicate when volcanoes erupt. 





The streams of melted butter is lava. Later when the butter cooled we saw how it made streams of hard butter in the flour. The hard butter streams that carved into the flour was what happens when lava flows then cools and how it transforms the landscape.

What a neat way to (hands on) learn about lava.




My son really enjoyed the activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...