Monday, March 11, 2013

joy in food

(finding JOY in preparing food)


1. home made granola bar & oranges
2. peanut butter & sesame seed cookie
3. home made salsa
4. using different kitchen tools to make preparing food more enjoyable for both mommy & children





Every other week I've been taking photos of food that I've made.
I thought it was ONLY for fun at first. My photo snapping of food has become a bit of an obsession lately. 


And funny to say that I have taken and posted photos on FB, coincidentally while my husband is away at work. Jokingly a girlfriend asked if I were trying to make his mouth water with envy that he couldn't also enjoy the taste of what was pictured.


 I laughed at it, thinking nothing of it, at first.
But after thinking it over and watching something recently. The reality is, is that there are reasons why I initially started the photo journaling of meals. It was to ease a burden I think. Lighten my spirit. Make joy where there was loneliness at my husband commuting. 


But after composing these thoughts into words I also realize that I seek recognition on top of a bad case of joylessness. Even more so now that I'm really only preparing meals for myself and my children when Daddy is away.


So, 
... I remind my kids of this verse ALL THE TIME, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." But that really doesn't apply to Mommy does it??

oh yes it does!



 

The good news.

The photo journaling of meals and snacks made a way for true joy - from the Father.
It has since become a true joy (most days), to prepare food. Don't get me wrong, I drown in self a lot! But when the creativity flows I can really hold my own in the kitchen and that is God's gift! Some days have been comparable to cooking when you're single/unmarried day after day. Sometimes the children tugging and crying whilst no other adult there can potentially be a downer. But. And big but, I'm thankful for being given the position of manager of this household. God gave me the role of homemaker, mother and wife.

What can you do?
Start making a joy list about anything and everything and soon, joy thankfulness will just flow out naturally.

"She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness." - Prov 31:27

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall exalt you."  - James 4:10

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Cor 10:31 


Good Day Friend,
Mo 




Find JOY with Ann Voscamp


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...