Thursday, March 29, 2012

For the Crazy Romantics



I was pondering God one day and it's funny that this poem popped into my head. The line "How do I love thee, let me count the ways" was all that I knew. I've never really read it before or even heard it spoken to it's entirety. It is a very dramatic poem, with deep romantic pictures. I'm drawn to word pictures and I just love going deep.
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

After reading this poem and shortly pondering on it. I immediately thought of what a crazy romantic God is. In His ever increasing, never ceasing grace bound love, He's given us the ability to become totally enamoured by Him.





If our goal is as a christian is to be like Christ, it's not just for working out our salvation. Then what?

For LOVE.



He's so passionately into you!






When you can catch that, catch it and hold it tight.... you can really experience a piece of that eternal relationship right here on earth. He's all over the idea of you totally being consumed by Him, because He's so utterly jealous for you.
..................................................

How head over heels do you want to be with Him?






No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...