Saturday, March 20, 2010

HAS GOD DESIGNED YOU TO MAKE MUD PIES?

* This was written on March 20 2010*

Moments ago I walked in the door from an evening with some women at my church. There was a speaker talking about getting in touch with yourself; with your heart. Basically, looking in the mirror, loving what you see and who you are, ignoring the things that are pulling you back and running towards what God has for you.

SAY WHAT?

Who are you?
What do you want?
God made you, wouldn't you like to know.

The speaker asked us to recall when we were young girls. What were the things that we loved as a child? What are the things that we love doing now?
Who did you want to be when you grew up?

We made a list of 10 things. I could only come up with 5 (she only gave us a minute) things about me that are great. Many of these things are things that I enjoy thus I am good at doing (I think).

My finished list:
cooking
cutting and gluing (making stuff)
painting
reading to my kids
gardening
I have nice thick hair
working with kids & youth (church)
homeschooling
women's study
praying with others

I know that I love to make stuff.
A memory I have as a child, was making a city from paper towel rolls, boxes and paper. It was something out of nothing. The process thrilled me and what I had accomplished amazed me.

We all have a part to play.
When we play our part the way God intends us to, than we bless others.
The body functions when everyone does what they are meant to do. We are each a piece of a puzzle, a link in a chain, if you will.

What puzzle piece has God designed you to be?

________________________________________________________________
March 26 2010,
I watched some extras on the Fireproof DVD last night and one of the Kendrick brothers said something in regards to this.
When each member of the body uses their talents and abilities for Christ, things get done, people are blessed and God really moves.
Now, he was speaking regarding filming a movie (mostly) all on volunteers. The point that he made can translate to what I heard last night.
__________________________________________________________________

What's your list?

What was your favorite thing as a young girl?
Is it baking cakes, you might have made a lot of mud pies, much like I did.
What are your secret passions that are bursting at the seams? They might be stuffed in the corner of your heart because your responsibilities are taking the place where your passions should be.
Let them out, you'll be glad you did. Make a ripple, it's o.k. We can't lie in still water for long, we have to move sometime and when we do God is God.

What's God put on your heart, don't know, maybe you should ask him. I imagine He'll have a pretty good idea. I have a feeling that He might know more than you think. I've heard that He knows the very hairs on your head. So, ask Him where your passion lies and I can see Him blessing your socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...