Saturday, January 16, 2010

WHEN BOYS PRAY

There's just something really extra special when my boys pray. In my last post I put out the idea or rather the question if I was raising my kids up in the way that they should go - in Christ.

Tonight

Tonight was great at bed time. They snacked on pickles, had some cereal, brushed teeth and sat with me as we prayed over the loss of our old dog that for the last 6 years has been with my aunt. I read some Bible to my younger son then we prayed again, just him and I in his bed. The prayers of children are so beautiful, especially when they include blessing almost everyone they know.

Here's the kicker folks.
His final bit was asking "Jesus" to "help Mommy be nice to Daddy".

Wow! If that just doesn't rock you to the core. I wanted to get down on my knees right there and beg Jesus, my husband and my children for forgiveness.

They are watching.
They are listening.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, children are watching. I can see my biggest flaws in my children.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...