Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

It's 11:30, everyone is in bed except (of course) me. The proud wife and now mother of three did her duties today of taking my older two to a VBS program this morning (including the two neighbor kids), did laundry (that I have yet to fold, including yesterdays batch), made CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE (and some other nameless loaf which I'll talk about later), made supper (boxed fish sticks and fries) and now I'm surfing blogs, eating my Zucchini Cake (with milk) and typing about it all. 

I'm super mom blogger today. 
Hahaha
kidding
--------------------------------------------------
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE

(I don't usually measure or really follow the exact recipe, but here is the one my Mom uses)

1/2 cup soft butter/margarine
1/2 cup oil
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 cups zucchini
3 eggs
1/2 cup sour milk (add vinegar or lemon)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
4 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup choco. chips

Bake at 350 for 40 min.


NAMELESS LOAF

O.k, so I've been juicing lately. My husband made a crack about me putting the leftover stuff from juicing (mostly pulp, fiber) into a batch of something.

I put (without measuring), because REALLY why would I measure??? as follows in a bowl mixed it up and got 3 loaves out of it.


NAMELESS LOAF
Here's what I remember-

flour
6 grain cereal
cream of wheat
left over pulp from juicing (beets, kale, carrots, apple, spinach, parsley)
pumpkin
crushed pineapple
ground ginger
nutmeg
cinnamon
brown sugar
sunflower oil
shortening
milk
vanilla
2 eggs

I think that's it.

I baked it in loaf pans at 350 for close to an hour, not sure how long exactly because I didn't time it.

Is it good??? You ask.
I have no idea.
Tomorrow will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...