Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On Notebooking




When researching homeschooling 5 years ago, I found that there were different methods or approaches to educating at home. Including the over abundance of curriculum available, I also came across lapbooking and notebooking. Lapbooking suited my creative side but didn't suit my son as I would have hoped. Eagle who was age 8-10, slowly showed signs of fatigue in creating lapbooks. I promptly followed his lead as I was only educating one child at that time and took a break to collect my thoughts and formulate a new plan. By this point it was our third year and I was diving into a more Charlotte Mason type schooling in our home. Narration was back on my mind. As my knowledge improved of the method I brought notebooking and a bit of lapbooking into our history. Just recently I have let go of my old perceptions and again gained more insight into this lovely thing called narration. 





* I don't need to have the children answer, the answer
* I can allow the children to feel confident in what they do know.

I feel an increased freedom and joy for what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...