Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wait!

My last post of 2011 was about handing your, or should I say my life over to Jesus. I have taken some time, well exactly two months of time to sit and wait upon the Lord. Taking a break from some of the regular things that take time from me; one being writing. Well that's not exactly accurate. I've been writing, but only the raw stuff that only a personal journal can handle. The broken sentences and disjointed thoughts of God's workings in my heart have all snowballed into a new thing. A new thing that He's doing in my heart and thankfully in my home as well. I hope these words that follow are directed by the one who saves, the one who loves, and the one who restores.


My last post was significant. 
How did I know that that day was the beginning of something new, something great that only God can do. It was a call to hand myself over to Him, and it came in a song.


A simple song, and a not so simple reaction of the lyrics brought me to a place of reverence. Somehow I was able to smell a slight fragrance of healing to come that day. Soon after posting that video to this blog, I entered in. I completely entered into His presence and gave it over to Him.


I handed it over.


It soon happened, in a church worship service, during a song. I knelt down to the floor and gave myself, my marriage, my children TO HIM. There was no big feeling from the song that moved me or heated argument which brought me to that place. It was just a tiny feeling, a quiet urge to move which came from that one day with that one song; to speak a few words. Simple words combined with a true heart equaled a shift in this natural world. What a wonderful and freeing event it later came to be. It wasn't filled with tears or drama. It was just a simple act of obedience. That's all. I was obedient to God's call. I did it. I obeyed. I gave it to Him to work out.


We talk about Jesus paying for it all. It all. Well folks it's done. I mean my family is restored, it's healed. I believe that it is anyways. I believe that because in obeying His call I've entered into His Mercy and Grace. His LOVE.


Where am I going with this...?


You see, previous to this new understanding. I did wait. Like waiting with my butt stuck to a chair reading an empty magazine for the visit from the doctor or in this case, God to show up. 
Two months ago I gave it to HIM. Since then, I've only had to WAIT ON HIM. Waiting, not like for that appointment. But Waiting.


Wait is a verb right? So to wait, one is actually doing something. hhmmm..


So here's a typical dictionary definition of the word wait.
The first part is - to remain stationary in readiness or expectation
The second - to attend as a servant
Third - to be ready and available


Interesting...


Now the Hebrew.



1) to wait, look for, hope, expect
    1a) waiting
    1b)  to wait or look eagerly for
         to lie in wait for
         to wait for, linger for
 2) to collect, bind together
    2a) to be collected


To collect and to bind together is interesting. What could that mean? Could it be that in waiting in the Lord you are actually in Him, bound in Him like the spirit is in me, in you when we are born again? Because to be in Him is to be living in the spirit, am I wrong?
So to trust in Him, to wait on Him is to really be living like Him. And when we do that aren't we acting, aren't we being a servant. Didn't Christ do the ultimate servant thing, which was die for us? Jesus said "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does." John 5:19. And in John 14:11 Jesus also said, "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the miracles themselves."

When I was looking for the Hebrew meaning of the word wait, I came upon an illustration of a cord. The three band cord which often symbolizes the trinity. So when we are born again, we are now joined or bound by that cord. Much like Jesus is bound by the Father, doing the will of the Father, that in also Jesus is in the Father.

Here is where I'm drawing from. Please feel free to read all three, because I feel each carry something a little different. And it's a wonderful thing to be able to study a piece of scripture from different versions.


Isaiah 40:31

King James Version
 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.



Isaiah 40:31

New Living Translation
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.





Isaiah 40:31

New International Version
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.





All the desperate selfish praying, hoping and wishing, all the crying and frustration; it's done. I've finally realized what He wants, what He can do through me. And here's the kicker, I don't have to do it. 
He just does, because He loves.


Because when I live in Him, when I act like Him, when I serve like His son did; I am waiting on the Lord. Am I not?


He is my strength.
He is my refuge.
He is my hope. 


Trust in Him.
Wait upon the Lord with me.


If you have trouble understanding or absorbing this truth into your heart, read aloud the following scripture verse and ask God's spirit to make sense of it and to use these words in your life. Because they are power. These words are power. If you believe that God made the earth, He did so with words. "And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light." So aren't these words just as significant to reveal Himself and transform you.


Isaiah 40:31 KJV
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." 


Won't you wait?




Good night friend,
MO

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...