Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Dared to Call Him Father


I Dared to Call Him Father, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God

I was given a book to read by a friend who doesn't read. Well, she does, just not anything that doesn't say The Bible on the front of the cover. Ok. She's read this book and one other one right to the end, that's it. Let's just say she really liked this one.

Like I said, I was given the book to read and wow. It took me a long time to read it, oh about a month, not that it wasn't good. It usually takes me a long time to read something when all I make time to read is at night while laying in bed all snuggled in and tired. So maybe a couple pages a night, if that. I finished it and I remember where she comes from - the author. I can't say that I'm of the same age or nationality. I remember though; what it was like to be SO aware of the presence of the Lord.

This book is the story of a Muslim woman turned Christian convert. Her journey is interesting and memorable. I won't get into the book, but I will continue with how I was affected by reading it.

Presence.
That sweet aroma of the Christ.
That passion that fills your heart when you call upon His name.
These types of instances, Bilquis Sheikh recalls knowing in her accounts with the Father.


I was a young christian once. Not so long ago I could sense so strongly His arms of mercy and grace wrapped so tight around me, that every time I stepped out of step with Him, I instantly knew it. As time passed those out of tune steps grew farther and farther apart. Days became weeks and then one day I realized that I couldn't find my God. I looked for Him in the mirror, in my husband, the kids, food, even while shopping, but to my dismay no God could I find.
I've had many moments of rediscovering my Heavenly Father, either from walking out of step to Him or just simply growing deeper in relationship with Him, I prefer the latter. My Lord's strong arms have never once let go or lost their grip, not even for an earthly moment has he wavered or lost His love for me.

Just while writing this I am filled with passion for His name.

He blesses.
He loves.
He gives.
He takes.
He knows.
He is.
He was.
He will ever more BE.
He is mine.

God has used this book to bless me by reminding me of who He is, ONE MORE TIME.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...