Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blessed by the Library


Do you jump up and down when you see great used books for sale at your local library or thrift shop?

I don't, but boy do I wish I could without looking foolish.



I almost think it's an illness sometimes. I know my husband does. Kidding. K i d d i n g.

My heart beats a little faster when I spot them in the corner of my eye.
My mind races at the thought of one being a Little House book or another treasured classic ( just waiting to be smelled) that we don't have yet.

Do you smell books?
If you haven't gotten your nose right in the book and taken a whiff, please do, just try it.

-------Where was I?
So as I spot the book that is destined to be mine, my mind tells my legs to start running .
My advise, don't run though, just skip - you don't want to draw unwanted attention.

You know, I should pay closer attention to myself in these situations because I'm not entirely kidding.
I do get quite excited, enough to walk briskly.

Come on.
A post about some cheap used books.

YES
and YES it's my blog.

You frugal moms are out there, I know you get excited and almost giddy at the sight of a good deal on curriculum or in my case children's books.

-----------------

SO, on one of my skipping happily thrifty excursions I scored tons of books from my local library. I bought two huge stacks recently for only a few dollars. I actually don't know how many, my guess is around 20. I found many readers for my son Zazu in kindergarten this year.



This picture has most of them in there but also mixed in are my score from the thrift store. If you have never done so, do so soon.

Check out garage sales and such for your homeschooling needs.
You never know what you'll find.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...