Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter

I attended my child's Easter production last night. It was lovely to see all the children singing and performing for Jesus. In the midst of the mom feeling of "that's my kid", an ache entered my heart and questions began to swim in my mind. Is home education the right decision for us, mainly for the kids? There won't be school performances like this one tonight, what can I do to make up for that? 
Today I answer these questions with a promise from my Father.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105 
The desire to home educate is not from me alone, God can plant these desires like a seed in my heart. So I just need to stand firm in Christ and put my trust in Him and begin walking. I can also ask questions like, What can our family learn from God through home educating? How can God bless us as parents in home educating our children? What are the things that are good and pure that we can set our minds on? In thinking of the previous questions, I'm reminded to seek first the kingdom of God. God is my lamp to light my path. Thanks Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...