Sunday, March 3, 2013

Seek (Him) More

I love when my Lord shows up in all his glory into my little life.

Yesterday and this morning I was getting caught up in doctrinal things.
It stemmed from a visit from some friendly JW women at my door. After they left I felt AGAIN that I didn't show the gospel as I should have. I then went online (instead of the Word) as anyone would do. A search all over internet land on how to handle those situations lead to one rabbit trail and to another and so on until I was getting deeper into matters I truly wish I had a fancy piece of paper to help me out with (if you catch what I'm saying).

This morning during prayer time in our little community church God spoke to me through a scripture reading and through the prayers of two of my brothers in Christ.

God showed up.
He spoke... to ME.
And I just needed to seek Him.

(Jesus)

I mentioned my weekend rabbit trail findings to my pastor this morning. 
At the end of our conversation he reminded me not to get caught up in the weedy thick matters, but to look for Him...

Jesus!


I did one of those...
the thing we do when we already know but didn't do it.


Ya, I know. Yes I've done this before. Old patterns, old ways, old man... however you want to put it. It's a hard thing to burry. Going somewhere else instead of going to the source. Getting caught up in the things of this world, seemingly good or bad. Rules, jewels, pride, ideas, ... 

it's just not Christ, it's not.





I'm reminded right now of the story bible I recently bought for my kids. Do you know the one? The one that threads Him through the pages. The The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name



"Every story (does) whisper his name"

Really. The entire Bible whispers my saviours name.

(Jesus Christ)




Romans 12:2 
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - NLT 



and I Pray

God TRANSFORM me.

my mind
my ways
my everything



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...